POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE (PCOD)
This is another intriguing problem faced by many girls in our society and incidence is increasing steadily. PCOD poses many health problems if it is not intervened in time. Menstruation occurs irregularly i.e. once in 2-6 months and bleeding is also prolonged unduly, sometimes for a few weeks to a few months also.
Ovum is not released regularly, instead many follicles mature and multiple cysts are formed, but ovum is not released. So, PCOD becomes a major cause for infertility (inability to conceive).
The main characteristics of this problem are:
Irregular menstruation: Girls menstruate once in 2 to 6 months or sometimes 1year.They menstruate regularly only under the influence of hormonal supplements. Once hormone supplements are stopped, menstruation stops again.
Girls become obese (overweight) grossly and it becomes resistant to all the measures dieting exercises, medication etc. In turn this stubborn obesity can lead to many other issues like Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiac problems, Renal disorders, Arthritis, Thyroid problems etc.
Hirsutism: Excess, unwanted hair growth like beard, upper lip hair is a common feature in PCOD.
The diagnosis of PCOD: Diagnosis can be confirmed by Hormonal assessment and ultrasound scanning of abdomen
PCOD can be solved on a permanent basis in Homoeopathic system of medicine in a very natural way. Proper study of the individual case and planning of constitutional treatment is mandatory in order to obtain good results. Reveal all of your problems to the physician free and frankly. The person's physical and psychic nature is to be studied in order to plan the treatment in Homoeopathy. Even though it takes 2 to 4 years of treatment to solve the PCOD problem totally it is quiet efficient and without side effects. Hormonal balance can be established in a very natural way without supplements. The neuro endocrinal system can be tuned to normalcy through proper homoeopathic treatment.
Uterine fibroid is also a very common and one of the most harmless (benign) tumors of the uterus. It is also called as the myoma in the medical language. This is a relatively harmless growth from the uterine muscle. The incidence of uterine fibroid has increased many fold in these days, probably because of successful suppression of infections with powerful antibiotics and easy access to diagnostic techniques like ultrasonography.
Many women are subjected to hysterectomies (removal of the uterus) because of harmless fibroid and mostly for other than medical reasons. Fibroids hardly affect health in a large percentage of cases. They are found accidentally in ultrasonography of the abdomen in a routine health checkup. People are often told that if they do not get operated they will get cancer or other dangerous illness, which doesn't hold true in 99% of the cases.
In fact, Hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) may lead to suppression of disease force and may cause many lifelong crippling disorders. Women should try to retain the uterus to the maximum extent. They should not think that once pregnancy and childbirth is over, and the uterus is a waste organ.
Homoeopathy has a significant role in treating people with fibroid uterus and avoiding hysterectomy thereby protecting general health of women.
Size of the fibroids varies from a few millimeters to few inches sometimes weighing up to few pounds. Numbers of fibroids in a single uterus vary from one to as many as 200.
Symptoms of Fibroid Uterus: Many a times small fibroids do not give rise to any symptoms. They are detected accidentally in a Gynecological examination or ultrasound scan of the abdomen. Symptoms depend on location and size of the tumor (fibroid)
Heaviness of the lower abdomen: Woman may feel heaviness of lower abdomen if fibroids size is large enough.
The most common and frequent problem women face in this disease is increased Menstrual bleeding and reduced inter menstrual period. Increased bleeding may lead to Anemia (blood less ness) and weakness.
Pain in abdomen: Pain abdomen is not a common symptom in uterine fibroid. Pain is severe and sudden if there is torsion (twist) of the fibroid. Pain is also severe when there is red degeneration in the fibroid.
Pain or Bleeding after sexual intercourse.
Increased frequency of urination or retention of urination.
Some people may have flatulence (gases), Bloating of abdomen, constipation and heaviness of abdomen.
Sometimes uterine fibroids may cause infertility and miscarriage (Abortion).
During pregnancy fibroids tend to grow due to the increased circulation of oestrogen from the fetus and placenta.
How are Fibroids diagnosed?
1. Gynaecologist may detect during manual examination.
2. Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen can help locate the fibroids, their number and size.
Treatment of the fibroids:
1. Cause of fibroids is not known in conventional medical system.
2. The treatment in conventional medicine remains removal (surgery) of fibroids or uterus.
3. After the age of fertility, usually gynaecologist prefer removal of the uterus.
4. They don't believe in after effects of hysterectomy (Uterus removal). They think that once diseased organ is removed, disease is eradicated from the person, but it is not true.
5. Fibroid is also a kind of tumor; means over growth or excess proliferation of cells in the
6.This tendency of excess cell division results from repeated suppression of various kinds of infection either by local application or internal administration of powerful antibiotics.
7.Repeated suppression of infections and inflammations leads to tumor tendency (sycosis).
8.The fibroid tumor is one of the safest expression of tumor tendency in the body.
9.If fibroid uterus is removed this tumor tendency is expressed elsewhere in the body, which may be a more vital organ than the uterus, which can endanger the life of the person.
10.This is the sole reason why Homeopathic doctors save the organ like uterus.
11.The only exceptional indication for surgery (hysterectomy) can be red degeneration of the fibrous bleeding (bleeding into fibroid), severe infection and fibroid become a bag of pus; torsion of fibroid (twisting of the fibroid) very large fibroids weighing 1kg or more, cause various pressure symptoms and uncontrolled bleeding , etc if these complication are not there, Homoeopathy is the best mode of treatment.
Care to be taken:
1. Under correct Homeopathic treatment growth of fibroids can be stopped, regression of tumors start within few months, symptoms like prolonged menstrual bleeding can be controlled.
2. Small fibroids may disappear; large fibroids may become small or regress to some extent and remain passive and asymptomatic.
3. For relief or cure it may take 1 to 3 years of treatment in homeopathy, while under the treatment for fibroids patients also improve their general health.
4. After the menopause (at about the age of 45) fibroids tend to regress and remain harmless and passive.
5. It was observed by many clinicians that if uterus is removed at a young age just because of harmless tumors like fibroid, women face many health problems like thinning of bones (osteomalacia or osteoporosis) early onset of osteoarthritis, spondylosis, disc problems etc.
6. It is necessary to avoid removal of uterus to the maximum extent, Homoeopathy can help in this process. 90% of the fibroid cases are curable with Homoeopathic treatment.
1.Sabina – 200 can be used for relief of uterine bleeding.